COVID -19 Information
COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE
As of 30 Dec 2020
The Myanmar Government is monitoring the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and restrictions are currently in place regarding travel and public gatherings.
For the latest information about restrictions in Myanmar, please refer to the Ministry of Hotels & Tourism COVID-19 website.
What can I do?
Cafes, tea shops, and restaurants are closed.
Beaches, waterfalls, and pagodas are now close.
- When the Public Community in the township of Tanintharyi Region goes outside from their home are required to set up a Mask.
Coming to Tanintharyi
Requirements for Community Based Facility Quarantine (CBFQ) in Tanintharyi Region
- People who come back from foreign countries must enter Community Based Facility Quarantine (21) days and Home Quarantine (7) days, Total (28) days.
- People who lived in the laboratory-confirmed cases townships must enter Community Based Facility Quarantine (14 ) days and Home Quarantine (7) days when they return to Tanintharyi Region.
- People who need to travel within the region except for funeral and health reasons are required to get a travel recommendation letter from the respective authorities' office and must return the recommendation letters to the authorities when they return back to Tanintharyi Region.
- In the case of mandatory Travel, own vehicles are not allowed to take more than 4 people.
- Civil Servants are not allowed to travel except on duty travel.
-Vehicles must pass with the permission of authorities except for the vehicles that carry food/medicine and petrol which pass through Mahlwaltaung Investigation Gate of Dawei District, Yayphyu Township.
Public transportation is allowed only within region under Covid-19 guideline.
Tanintharyi is close to all international travel but only domestic airlines.
If someone comes from stay at home township for the important matter, he/she will be asked the recommendation letter of the respective quarter/township at Ma Hlwe Taung Gate. Then, the checkpoint team will separate the passengers at the high-way bus terminal-Dawei to send them to the government's quarantine centers or New Light Hotel, Hotel Dawei, depend on the suggestions of passengers. For the Hotel Quarantine, they may need to pay charges for two weeks in advance.
Due to the COVID-19 local transmission in Rakhine State, Tanintharyi Region Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID_19) Prevention and Emergency Response Committee announced that the people who are from Stay at Home townships from Rakhine State and some townships in Yangon such as Thingun Kyun, Inn Sein, Myauk Oak Kalar Pa, Thar Kay Ta, Hlaing, Pazaung Taung, and Mingalardon has to stay Community Based Facility quarantines center for 14 days and take 2 times laboratory test. If the result is negative, the person still needs to stay Home Quarantine for 7 days. People from other townships have to receive the medical tests at the entry gate and only allow entering the town who have no symptoms of COVID_19.
For returnees from overseas take Community-Based Facility Quarantine for 14 days and Home Quarantine for 7 days in return.