COVID -19 Information
COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE
As at 11 Sep 2020
The Myanmar Government is monitoring the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and restrictions are currently in place regarding travel and public gatherings.
For the latest information about restrictions in Myanmar, please refer to the Ministry of Hotels & Tourism COVID-19 website.
But Beaches, waterfalls, and pagodas are now close.
- When the Public Community in the township of Tanintharyi Region goes outside from their home are required to set up a Mask.
Coming to Tanintharyi
Requirements for Community Based Facility Quarantine (CBFQ) in Tanintharyi Region
- People who come back from foreign countries must enter Community Based Facility Quarantine (21) days and Home Quarantine (7) days, Total (28) days.
- People who lived in the laboratory-confirmed cases townships must enter Community Based Facility Quarantine (21) days and Home Quarantine (7) days when they return to Tanintharyi Region.
- People who lived in COVID Free Zone must be invested by the local authorities and should enter Community Based Facility Quarantine (21) days and Home Quarantine (7) days when they return to Tanintharyi Region.
- People who want to travel within the region except for funeral and health reasons are required to get a travel recommendation letter from the respective authorities' office and must return the recommendation letters to the authorities when they return back to Tanintharyi Region.
- In the case of mandatory Travel, own vehicles are not allowed to take more than 4 people.
- Civil Servants are not allowed to travel expect on duty travel.
-Vehicles must pass with the permission of authorities except the vehicles carry food/medicine and petrol which pass through Mahlwaltaung Investigation Gate of Dawei District, Yayphyu Township.
Public buses will drive with a maximum of 50% of the capacity. The passenger has to wear masks and the temperature of passengers is measured before getting on the bus, to scrutinize regulations issued by the Ministry of Health and Sports, hand sanitizers, and other hygiene measures in accordance with prescribed rules regarding traffic are carried out.
Tanintharyi is only open for essential stuff currently living in Myanmar.
If someone comes from Yangon for the important matter, he/she will be asked the recommendation letter of the respective quarter/township at Ma Hlwe Taung Gate. Then, the checkpoint team will separate the passengers at the high-way bus terminal-Dawei to send them to the government's quarantine centers or New Light Hotel, depend on the suggestions of passengers. For the New Light Hote-Dawei, they may need to pay charges for two weeks in advance.
Due to the COVID-19 local transmission in Rakhine State, Tanintharyi Region Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID_19) Prevention and Emergency Response Committee announced that the people who are from Stay at Home townships from Rakhine State and some townships in Yangon such as Thingun Kyun, Inn Sein, Myauk Oak Kalar Pa, Thar Kay Ta, Hlaing, Pazaung Taung, and Mingalardon has to stay Community Based Facility quarantines center for 14 days and take 2 times laboratory test. If the result is negative, the person still needs to stay Home Quarantine for 7 days. People from other townships have to receive the medical tests at the entry gate and only allow entering the town who have no symptoms of COVID_19.
For returnees from overseas take Community-Based Facility Quarantine for 21 days and Home Quarantine for 7 days in return.